For the last 12 years I’ve been using words to help organisations win grants and contracts. For the last 7 of those I’ve also been blending them with tech to create social good.
That success is rooted in my ability to tell engaging stories and craft winning proposals. To make words work.
It’s also rooted in my ability to identify and create user, social and economic value. The tech for good triple helix.
I’m always looking for new ways to help others be just as successful. Sometimes I charge, sometimes I do this pro bono. Either way, I promise to make a difference to your project.
- Founded Mind Of My Own (MOMO), a serial award winning app for young people in care and grew it into one of the UK’s most successful tech for good startups
- MOMO selected as a Nesta New Radical 2016
- Sold £510,000 of MOMO subscriptions to local authorities
- Raised £4.25 million in charity grant funding from charitable trusts
- Authored the E book ‘Learning from the Labs: how to fund and deliver social tech for charities and social enterprises‘ after tracking 7 tech for good products for Innovation Labs (Comic Relief, Nominet Trust, Paul Hamlyn Foundation).
- Written 73 articles on how to build and sustain tech for good projects and products
- Used a broad range of mentors and consultants at different points in my own product development and business growth – I know what its like to bring an external consultant into a new or existing project and how to get the most out of them.
- 7 years experience of working with software development agencies – I know their languages and needs when working with charities and startups
- 12 years experience working as a mental health advocate, participation worker and service manager. Blazed a trail with the Headspace Self-advocacy Toolkit (2005) and Through the Maze Advocacy Guide (2008).
What you get working with me
I’m known for having a direct and up-front approach. If you choose to work with me you can expect that I’ll be fair, open and direct with you. From the moment we first speak to the final day we work together.
You can also expect that I’ll bring a flair and passion for user-centred solutions, combined with a steady, critical focus on achieving the outcomes you want.
- You will always receive an honest assessment of your options before deciding to commit your budget and time to working with me.
- My approach is outcome focused. Before we begin I will work with you to clarify the outcomes you want to achieve from our work together.
- My work will be delivered to the depth you require.
- It will inspire your project and product ideas, that you can then own.
- My voluntary sector career focused on respecting, protecting and championing people’s rights. These values will also run through how I work with you.
- Where I use innovation to enhance outcomes, I will always try to leave you with a sustainable legacy.
Give me a challenge
Tell me your funding or tech for good related problem and I’ll give you an hour’s advice – for free
- Call 07834 364 205
- Email me