Hi, I’m Joe. I help charities and social enterprises to fund, build and deliver trusted, user centred and digitally savvy services and products.
What you get when you choose to work with me
I’m probably best known for my direct and up-front approach. If you choose to work with me you can expect that I’ll be open, fair and straight with you. From the moment we first speak to the final day we work together.
You can also expect that I’ll bring a passion and a flair for creative solutions, combined with a steady, critical focus on achieving the outcomes you want.
I have 12 years experience of working in the voluntary and private sectors, including eight years as an advocate and participation worker and manager, and five years working as a consultant. During that time I’ve written tonnes of resources and toolkits, including the groundbreaking Headspace Toolkit (2005) and Through the Maze (2008). I’ve also raised over £1,500,000 in grants and contracts. In achieving all of this I’ve been lucky enough to work with some great colleagues, many of whom I still collaborate with.
- My work should be delivered to the depth you require.
- It should inspire your own ideas for your projects and services.
- You should always receive an honest assessment of all your options before you decide to commit your budget.
- My approach is outcome focussed. At the start of our partnership I will work with you to clarify the outcomes you want to achieve from our work together.
- My work values are about respecting, protecting and championing people’s rights. You can expect that these values will run through all of my work with you.
- Where I use innovation to enhance outcomes, I will always try to leave a sustainable legacy.